HTML was created by Berners-Lee in late 1991 but “HTML 2.0” was the first standard HTML specification which was published in 1995. HTML 4.01 was a major version of HTML and it was published in late 1999. Though HTML 4.01 version is widely used but currently we are having HTML-5 version which is an extension to HTML 4.01, and this version was published in 2012.
This tutorial is designed for the aspiring Web Designers and Developers with a need to understand the HTML in enough detail along with its simple overview, and practical examples. This tutorial will give you enough ingredients to start with HTML from where you can take yourself at higher level of expertise.
Before proceeding with this tutorial you should have a basic working knowledge with Windows or Linux operating system, additionally you must be familiar with:
- Experience with any text editor like notepad, notepad++, or Editplus etc.
- How to create directories and files on your computer.
- How to navigate through different directories.
- How to type content in a file and save them on a computer.
- Understanding about images in different formats like JPEG, PNG format.
Try HTML Online
For most of the examples given in this tutorial you will find Try it option available, so just make use of it to see the output of your code and enjoy your learning.
Try following example using Try it option available at the top right corner of the below sample code box −
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <body> <h1>Hello World!</h1> </body> </html>